This is a nice easy recipe, that can be done when you are in a hurry and generally I will have the ingredients already in the house just knocking about, so no need to go shopping. The supermarkets do a fairly good range of fish at decent prices so we generally have some salmon in the freezer.
We used penne pasta just because thats what he had in at the time but any type of pasta will work just as well.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 200g pasta
- 125ml double cream
- splash of white wine
- half a red onion finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- handful of frozen peas
- salt and pepper to season
- Bring a sauce pan of water to the boil and add pasta, cook according to packet instructions.
- Put a frying on a medium-high heat and pan fry the onions for a couple of minutes, then add the garlic and cook until a golden colour. Add the white wine and cook until you can no longer smell the alcohol then add the cream.
- Put another pan onto a medium high heat with a splash of oil, place the salmon skin side down and cook for a few minutes, then flip the salmon and carry on cooking.
- Chuck the peas into the sauce, check pasta, if al dente drain then add to the sauce with a bit of the starchy water and combine.
- Check the salmon if it is cooked to your liking dish up the pasta and place the salmon on top. Enjoy.