I have to say I’m not the biggest fan of quinoa and really need to be in the mood to eat it. I know its a superfood and will keep you alive to a 100, I am not always convinced by it, but this recipe really does it justice and will convert the most stubborn non believer. The recipe is an adapted version of the body coach, lean in 15 (my other half absolutely loves this guy at the moment) I’ve added a few extra ingredients, as in my opinion it makes the recipe better.
If you are in a hurry and need something super healthy this ticks all the boxes, we sprinkled the dish with feta at the end for a bit of creaminess but avocado will work just as well.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 spring onions cut on a 45 degree angle
- half a red onion thinly sliced
- half a red pepper thinly sliced
- half a pack tenderstem broccoli
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- thumb size piece of ginger grated
- 200g pearl quinoa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g feta
- juice of half a lime
- small bunch of roughly chopped parsley
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, steam broccoli over the quinoa for 3 minutes.
- Pre-heat a large frying pan over medium heat with the oil, add the spring onion, red onion, red pepper and ginger and fry for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Increase the heat to high add the chicken, garlic and paprika and cook for a few minutes, add soy and lime juice, cook for a further 5 minutes, then check chicken to make sure it is cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked add quinoa and broccoli and fry until both are warm, season with salt and pepper.
- Put into bowls, sprinkle with feta and parsley.