I absolutely love our slow cooker, they are a fantastic piece of kit and every kitchen should have one. This is Ella’s recipe and she did all the hard work so I can’t take any credit….even though I did try!
There is nothing more comforting than a slow cooked casserole served with mashed potatoes or crusty bread to dunk and a large glass of red wine!
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 12 sausages
- 2 tins of plum tomatoes
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 200g dried green lentils
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the onions and garlic over a medium heat until the onions are softened and garlic is golden
- Turn the heat up to high and add the sausages & cook until browned
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker stir and leave for 3 to 4 hours