This is a great dish to use up some leftover veg and the protein can be changed to whatever you have handy at the time. It’s a similar concept to bubble and squeak, but deconstructed!
The idea is to use all your left over vegetables and potatoes chop them into chunks with the protein of your choice then pan fry, as simple as that!
If you do not fancy a poached egg you could always go for the more traditional method of pan frying your hash, cracking an egg in to it then baking in the oven.
- One large sweet potato, diced
- Half a red onion, diced
- 2 salmon fillets, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 100g black kale stalks removed and chopped.
- Handful of baby sweet corn
- 2 eggs
- Chilli flakes
- Part boil the sweet potatoes for ten minutes in salted water.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and add the onions and salmon and fry for 4 – 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until it is golden brown.
- In the mean time bring a pan of water and white wine vinegar to a gentle simmer to poach the eggs in.
- Drain potatoes add to the salmon with paprika, kale and sweet corn and mix well.
- Crack eggs into poaching water, leave for 2 and a half minutes.
- Portion food between two plates, check eggs, place one on each plate and top with chilli flakes and Sriracha.